In the diary, left and right always refer to the driver's
- November 1993
- Begin removing the useless Internal Combustion
- December 1993
- The engine and a few other things come out.
- January 1994
- Too cold to work; Pulled the flywheel off of
- February 1994
- Solve the firewood problem.
- March 1994
- Still too cold to work much; Removed the right
- April 1994
- Ordered conversion kit; Cut fuel tank in half;
Start battery box.
- May 1994
- Weld new bottom on the right-side Porsche
- June 1994
- Continue repair of the battery box.
- July 1994
- Attach motor to transmission; Reinstall fender.
Design motor bracket.
- August 1994
- Get motor bracket fabricated; Install
motor/transmission in car.
1994 - The sample battery
- October 1994
- Work on the front battery rack and box; Build
- November 1994
- Build the front battery box and holddown.
- January 1995
- Get the front battery rack and holddown
- May 1995
- Finish-up in the front compartment,
- July 1995
- Begin removing rear seats and trim.
- August 1995
- Design the rear battery rack and begin building
- September 1995
- Finish rack and get it welded together; Build
- October 1995
- Design rear battery box holddowns; Get them
- November 1995
- Begin work in engine compartment; Make the
- December 1995
- Mount electrical stuff; Begin wiring; Install
- January 1996
- Install high-current wiring; Make pot/relay
- February 1996
- Install motor controller and heatsink; Work on
- March 1996
- Install battery box vents; Start building rear
- April 1996
- Assemble battery loader; Car to bodyshop; Paint
- May 1996
- Put metal strapping bands around the battery
- July 1996
- Car back from bodyshop; Reinstall some car
parts; Work on doors.
- August 1996
- Continue to install and work on various car
- September 1996
- Get 1972 alloy wheels; Buy new tires and get
- November 1996
- Install batteries; Finish wiring; Do tests; It
moves! Install seats.
- December 1996
- Adjust suspension; Weigh it; Get licensed; Get
- January 1997
- Replace Battery #8; Start 120 volt upgrade;
Build new rack.
- February 1997
- Continue work on the 120 volt upgrade.
- March 1997
- Complete the upgrade; Ground faults; Replace
leaky Battery #3.
- The continuing saga of EV ownership. The
batteries pass on.